Interested in the topics discussed on this blog, or in other issues relating to work with children, young people and families? Want to take it further, perhaps by doing some research of your own? Then why not consider studying for a PhD with the The Open University?

Here’s the ad:

The Faculty of Health and Social Care at The Open University is seeking high-quality applications for funded full time studentships and self funded part time students.  The Faculty’s research focuses on issues such as ageing and later life; reproductive and sexual health; death and dying; living with a disability and/or long term condition; children and young people; parenting and families. Our research draws on various methodologies and forms of analysis andmuch is based onmultidisciplinary work across the social sciences, in particular drawing on medical sociology, critical psychology, anthropology and other critical, applied social sciences

The Faculty has a lively post-graduate student community undertaking wide-ranging research both in theUKand internationally. Studentships commence from autumn 2011. Applicants must normally reside in theUKfor the duration of the studentship.

For detailed information, and to apply online, go to; or contact Faculty Research Office, Tel: 01908 858373 or e-mail  Closing date: 12 noon on 31 August.  Interviews to be held in October.

Equal Opportunity is University Policy